If, as Albert Einstein said, we only use 10% of our brains – what is the Other 90%? Where is it? Why aren’t we using it now? And what will be possible for us – if we can learn to use the Other 90% of our brains?

Yet, the history of Western mankind has primarily followed the development of rational thought. Our educational systems have been focused on the logical, informative, and scientific learning processes. What has been ignored – are the intuitive thinking processes; our creative faculties; contemplation in union with concentration – i.e. the development of the right side of our brain, as well as the left.

Once you learn to bypass your dominant left brain guards and filters, (that prevent most of us from getting to and using the Other 90% of our brains) you will be able to make contact with and strengthen those still latent potentials of your own intelligence. And soon, it will become much easier to access and utilize your own intuitive and creative abilities.

Most of us have spent our learning lives filling just 10% of our brains with facts, figures, formulas and rules. Now, it is time to think beyond these limitations, to imagine what will be possible for you, and what you can accomplish if you begin to use the Other 90% of your brain.

Some 600 years ago, Leonardo Da Vinci offered his thoughts about Intuition and Creativity. When he had a – goal to achieve, an idea to develop, or a problem to overcome, of course he utilized his logic & intelligence; but to reach the levels of success he targeted – Da Vinci knew he needed to go beyond the traditional left brain filters & limits. He chose Sensory based information ( Visuals – Sounds – Tactile – Feelings ) to penetrate and reach the deeper levels of consciousness.

Further, Da Vinci was all about Connections: connections between his logical left brain and Intuitive right brain; connections between his known goals and what he daily Saw, Heard, Read, & Sensed – always trusting that his inner creativity would identify and reveal the answer he needed, a new idea, invention, or the solution he was seeking.

A well known example of Da Vinci’s inventions: was after weeks of trying to construct a flying machine, he went for a walk, looked up, saw a bird flying, and had his design for a human airplane.

Thomas Edison (like Leonardo Da Vinci) also knew that at certain points in his creations, analytical thinking had to be subdued. He often took short naps, and he absolutely valued one specific brainwave state – sometimes known as Hypnagogia. It was the state between awake and sleep ( technically between theta and delta ).

This state was akin to our Other90%. Edison was well known for sitting in a straight chair with a steel ball in each hand before taking a cat-nap, Just as he was falling asleep the balls would drop into buckets. Edison would wake up, often with a new idea or solution. He had been in the Other90% of his Brain.

^